ExtronusPvP Player Council – Information and FAQ

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by PurPLeEPiC, Jan 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PurPLeEPiC

PurPLeEPiC Owner
    Staff Member Owner

This FAQ/Information thread will attempt to answer your questions and will provide everything you need to know in regard to the ExtronusPvP Player Council. If you have any questions that are not mentioned in this thread, I will try my best to answer them below in the best way I can.​

- About Council Members -

EPC members regularly assist the development team in testing and balancing games, filing bug reports, and creating new ideas for games & other quality of life changes for the network. Members assist each other in constructive discussion, and often ask for feedback from other members and post suggestion threads on the forums for community feedback.

Council members do not receive any in-game benefits, and only apply to the group because they want to help improve the playing experience of the server. All members are experienced and have a deep understanding of at least one specific game, or multiple games. To join the group, members must have a creative mind, in addition to game knowledge.​

- Frequently Asked Questions -

What are the requirements to apply for the EPC?
    There are 4 essential requirements:
    1. Must be a fluent English speaker
    2. No infractions within the past 12 months (not including overturned infractions, forum infractions also count)
    3. Must be age 16+
    4. 1 year of playtime on the network
    *Exceptions are not made*

Why do I need to be 16 years old or older?
    The Player Council is subject to sensitive information regarding future updates and plans, and applicants under the age of 16 puts administrators in a difficult situation contract wise.

The following is a quote from h3yh0y. “In most countries, the minimum age for signing an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) is 16 so we felt much safer using it as a requirement as it gives us the option to have the team sign NDAs if we choose to go that route.”

The second reason in raising the age req. from 14 to 16 is due to the overwhelming amount of applications that did not meet certain standards. In setting the req. to 16+, we tend to see a general increase in maturity of applicants and quality of applications themselves.

Who judges applications?
    Applications are judged by select staff members, and final consideration is made by PurPLeEPiC.

Why have I not received a response to my application? When can I reapply?
    Applicants are not “denied” in a sense, and will not receive a message regarding the outcome of their application unless accepted. If you do not receive a response within four months, you may submit a new application.

How do I know I’ve been accepted into the EPC?
    You will be private messaged by an administrator with the next steps.

Are applicants required to have a microphone?
    It is not a requirement, but heavily encouraged. Most work is done through Slack (chat), although when testing, it is hard to contribute without a mic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.